Join a Group Leaders Meeting
8:00pm Eastern Time
First Monday of Each Month
GROUP LEADERS MEETING MINUTES December 3, 2018
Attendees: Hollis Brown, Brendan Ryan, Jules Falcone, Don Lovering, Alan Fisher, Bill Olerich, Gerald Simmons, Kat Barbee, Lisa Alajaian, Mark Goodman, Rod Beacham, Mike Price.
Guests: Sean Troxell, Miland Angolkar, Jim Vaughn, Alvin Miller, Bronson Anderson, Andy Neering, Mike Wagner, Paul Signore.
- Quorum Call
- Approve Minutes of November Meeting APPROVED
- Approve Minutes of Special November Meeting APPROVED
- Review of Agenda
- Report from HQ Valid vote reduction information is underway.
- Report from ASHI Council Speaker is now on the Foundation board. Contribution avenues being discussed. Agreed to support a group that builds homes for wounded Vets. Website being developed.
- Committee Reports
- Nom Coms
- Sean Troxell seated on board
- Lisa Giroux Alajajian elected alternate director
- Will need alternate director if Jim Funkhouser elected VP
- Cox Award
- Elections in progress
- Voting ends Wednesday
- The ASHI APP. Tangible benefit. Ready to go to the BoD to for financing approval.
- Hawaii chapter formation Deciding if they can be a chapter or will be a Meeting Group. Lost 11 ASHI members due to frustration.
- Canadian chapters: Still trying to get together.
- Lessons Learned - P&P rewrite for January CoR meeting
- Training Make Larry’s presentation available. It needs edited.
- Officer’s nominating committee should be face to face.
- Roster maintenance
- Motions - For January BoD meeting
- Council authorization to use ASHI logo (or create our own)
- Merge New England with NY, NJ, Del
- Chapter Office budget
- ASHI purchases license from Hollis's business
- ASHI provides service as chapter benefit
- ASHI reimburses Hollis for volunteer efforts
- Hollis's business sells individual licenses to chapter and/or the Council
- Other ideas
- Motion: Authorize the VP to facilitate a joint meeting with the board and the Council to discuss the pros and cons of the use of Chapter Office. Passed
- Unfished Business
- New Business
- Motion to adjourn Passed
- Next meeting: January 7, 2019