Join a Group Leaders Meeting
8:00pm Eastern Time
First Monday of Each Month
Annual COUNCIL Meeting Minutes 2019
San Diego CA 1/20/19 8am PT
- Quorum call
- Opening remarks from outgoing Speaker-Review of the year by Hollis
- Recite ASHI Mission Statement Done
- Review of Agenda Done
- Review 2018 Meeting Minutes Approved
- Report from HQ - Bonnie Bruno. Chapter compliance review. To maintain status, D&O and stay out of IRS trouble. Majority of chapters are currently not in compliance.
- Speaker's report on Council’s accomplishments for 2018, Review by Hollis.
- Director Nominating Committee – Hollis Brown
- Officer Nominating Committee - Hollis Brown
- Policy and Procedures Committee - Mark Goodman
- P&P Revision-Amend 10.1 Nominating Committees to include 10.1.8 A Council member may serve on only one nominating committee at a time. >Approved .
- Strike 10.11 Petition Process and accept changes to 10.03 as written. > Approved
- Remove 9.01a from the new P&P version. Agreed
- Table adoption of the full document for discussion thru email for a future vote. Agreed.
- Cox Award presentation. Miki Mertz.
- ASHI digital toolbox - Mark Goodman Great benefit to ASHI.
- ASHI Young Professionals - Bronson Anderson
- By-laws amendment - Brendan Ryan
- Discussion was held on topics
- Straw poll open up avenues to directors – yes
- Reducing from 30 to 15 – No
- Brendan Ryan leaves meeting for another obligation and is replaced by Mark Goodman.
- Unfinished Business
- Introduction of new speaker
- Speaker of the Council’s directions/goals for upcoming term
- Message from the Chapter Relations Committee - Mark Goodman
- Selection of new Group Leaders
- Mid-Atlantic – Mike Price
- Midwest Group – Dan Cullen
- North Atlantic Group – Don Bissex
- North Central Group – Jules Falcone
- Pacific Group – Rod Beacham
- Southeast Group – Scott Johnson
- South Midwest Group – Kyle Rodgers
- Canada Group - Alan Fisher
- Mountain Group - Kathleen Barbee
- Call for volunteers to serve on Nominating Committees
- New Business
- Review of accomplishments – Mark Goodman
Please contact the Speaker with any items you would like added to the agenda.